Campers, this is the part of the program where The Administration makes its statement of the main idea and the “purpose driver” of this intercession.
In the summertime of my life, I was doing motherhood and at the same time preparing to teach elementary school. In those days, I struck upon the idea that bound my child rearing methodology together like a strong cord in a single statement: free at 18. This is what it means:
As “On Children by Kahlil Gibran “The Prophet”” by Kahlil Gibran says,
“Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you”.
- A parent’s job is to help the souls they bring into the world to recover their heaven-given mandate and encourage their highest development before they depart from your immediate influence or “leave home” as it is commonly called.
- Progressively deepening, age-stage appropriate, positive life lessons in all areas of being human should be taught by example and by precept using direct instruction, modeling and other ways and in several modalities. This is a parent’s mandate.
- At specific times and at the end of life, an accounting of the satisfaction of the responsibility for this mandate will be required.
- The child has the right during their lifetime to question how she was reared and why.
- Educational systems exist as “experts” in the intellectual training portion of child rearing, acting as assistants to parenting. Schools should never be seen as taking the place of parents.
- Your children are spirit beings just as you are and have come to the earth with their own heavenly mandate just as you have yours.