Maybe your family does not look in any way like this iconic image painted by Norman Rockwell.
Maybe you are a widow this year and your heart is too sore to think about celebrating anything.
Maybe you don’t have a family…you are in foster care.
Maybe you’re stuck here for the holiday because going home for winter break means a ticket to take you across the country or across the ocean.
Maybe you wish all this mishigas were over fast so you can get on with life. Bah! Humbug!
Maybe you are trying your best to downsize your traditional recipes because there will only be the two of you at the table for the first time in years.
Dearest sisters and brothers in the human condition, ride through.
Decide to venture outside the house and down the street; maybe to a diner or a neighbor’s house.
Decide to share yourself with someone who needs your company; your empathy; your help.
Decide to be the cure for loneliness, sadness, hunger and emotional pain.
However you decide to honor this National Day of Thanks,
May you be blessed and a blessing.
Have a peaceful Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Challenge (anexerciseindiscipline.com)
- Thanksgiving Favourites (kristenleanne.wordpress.com)
- A Psalm of Thanksgiving. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Happy Autumn, From Victoree (victoree.wordpress.com)
- The Result of Prayer (journeystomotherlove.wordpress.com)
- The Perfect Thanksgiving Outfit For Every Kind of Dress Code (fabsugar.com)
- Thanksgiving Day Approaches (fathermckenna.wordpress.com)